Does your computer run slow? Does startup and shutdown of your computer take forever? If it seems like your computer is having a hard time functioning, it might be time for you to start taking care of it.
There are many ways to improve computer performance. Here I am going to list 3 easy steps that can improve your computer performance dramatically:
- Use Windows Disk Defragmenter — When you work on your computer for a while, add and remove files on your system, the data is saved in different areas of your physical hard drive. This way every attempt to locate a file can be a very time consuming process. Use Windows Disk Defragmenter to get over this problem. You can launch the Windows Disk Defragmenter by clicking Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Defragmenter.
- Free Up Some Disk Space — Freeing up disk space from the hard drive that windows is installed on, can improve your computer performance. Here are some steps you can take:
- Do a disk cleanup.
- Clean your recycle bin.
- Delete Windows temporary files.
- Uninstall unnecessary programs.
- Remove Internet Explorer temporary files
- Stop Unnecessary Startup Programs — A lot of times, installations of softwares automatically set the program to run when the computer startup. This causes a lot of CPU work and memory usage which results poor performance of your system. To fix this problem, you need to open each program and set its “Run at startup” option to “No”.
There are more things that you can do to improve your computer performance. Some of them are simple to do and some of them can be done only by computer technicians.
There is one more thing that you should do that can improve computer performance and that is cleaning up your computer registry.
The computer registry is where Windows holds all of its critical keys and data which are vital for windows to function properly. Every problem in the windows registry can cause lots of damage to your computer and is the number one reason for poor performance.
To fix all registry errors and problems you need to clean up your registry. To do this you should use a registry cleaner.
A registry cleaner will run over your registry, looking for errors and invalid entries. Once it finishes, it simply fixes all of them. Using a registry cleaner will improve your computer performance drastically and will fix every PC error you have.
Here are some of the benefits of using a registry cleaner:
- Speed up your PC and improve your computer performance.
- Fix DLL and PC problems.
- Speed up internet explorer and internet connection in general.
- Fix every registry error you have.
- Fix ActiveX errors.
- Many more computer optimization and tweaking features…